Thursday, March 19, 2009

So here goes

So this is my first blog entry.

I am trying to get back into running and have a bunch of races I want to do this year. Here is a list of the races I hope to complete over the next year.

3/29/09 – Whidbey Island Half Marathon. Race is in Washington State.
6/27/09 – Running w/ the Devil Half Marathon, this race starts at noon (going to be hot)
8/8-9/09 – ET Half Marathon. Race starts at Mid-night.
8/22/09 – Park City, Utah Half Marathon
9/19/09 – Top of the World Marathon. Race is in Utah.
10/4/09 – St. George, Utah Marathon
12/6/09 – Rock and Roll Las Vegas, NV Marathon
2/27/10 – Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile. This race is in Texas and will be my first
Ultramarathon

So hopefully I will be able to complete these races and maybe a few more along the way. I just finished the book Ultramarathon Man, confessions of an all night runner, by Dean Karnazes. This is a great book and a big inspiration. I hope I can become an ultra runner like he has. One though from the book stays in my mind and I don’t think it will ever leave.

“Run when you can, walk if you have to and crawl if you must. Just never give up” Dean’s father.

Runners have great quotes; I guess it is the countless hours of thinking while running.

So I will end this entry with my three favorite quotes.

“To give anything less than your life is to sacrifice the Gift” – Pre

“Every morning in Africa when the sun comes up a lion wakes know he has to out run the slowest gazelle in order to stay alive, at the same time a gazelle wakes know he has to out run the fast lion in order to stay alive, the moral of the story is when the sun comes up your ass better be running.” - Unknown

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called the present.” - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment